Keep your children’s best interests at heart
Negotiating the Best Outcome
Clear legal advice is only the beginning – our experts will guide you through the process, always keeping your children’s ongoing care and wellbeing at the forefront of everything we do.
The drafting and advice upon mediation processes, parenting plans, consent orders and Court applications are all provided by our firm. We further have extensive experience in ensuring compliance with existing child arrangements and with varying those arrangements, and with applications involving grandparents and significant others in the lives of children.
Experience when it matters
Our Principal, Glenn Thexton, is an Independent Children’s Lawyer and brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to all legal matters.
We have no upfront fees to assess and provide preliminary advice on your children’s custody matters, and any fees charged by our firm are subject to a fixed fee quote that is provided to you prior to any work undertaken.
Common issues that we deal with include for example:
- Domestic or family violence against or in front of you and your children
- Psychological and psychiatric assessments
- Drug and alcohol dependency issues
- Mediation and alternative dispute resolution
- Roundtable Dispute Management
- Contravention applications for existing parenting orders
- Relocation applications and opposition to relocation applications
- Recovery orders
- Independent Children’s Lawyers
- How to prepare for a Family Report
- Hague Convention recoveries
- Drafting of affidavits
- Ensuring appropriate safeguards exist in your orders
- Notices of Risk of Abuse or Family Violence made to Child Services authorities
- Child support back-payments or reviews
- Medical procedures
- DNA and paternity testing issues
- Listing of parents on birth certificates
- Involvement of step-parents and grandparents
- Surrogacy and adoptions